Are You Locked Out?

Are You locked Out?

If you have lost your house keys then in the first instance you should contact a local locksmith or your insurance company who will contact one on your behalf, they will get you back into your house with a minimum of damage and be able to fit new locks to ensure your property is safe.

If you have lost your car keys you need to contact the manufacturer of your vehicle who will obtain replacement keys, modern vehicles with immobilisers may require specialist keys with transponders that can only be obtained from the manufacturer. If you have a spare key to the vehicle you can use this to gain entry to the vehicle and should try to obtain this to get your vehicle home or to a garage.

Will the police break into my house or car to get me inside?

In extreme cases, such as where a child is locked inside a car, the police may be able to force entry to a vehicle or house. Please note that we will only do so where there is a risk to life or property and with the written consent of the owner where such consent can be obtained.

The police do not have specialist tools for gaining entry that a locksmith or garage may have and will often resort to breaking a window to gain entry, in all circumstances the owner of the vehicle / house will be liable for any costs incurred.

Stay safe everyone!!